The Tamarack Junction Casino is the best locals’ casino in Reno, NV and we appreciate your interest in our property!
At Tamarack Junction, we have a strong reputation for giving back to our community and also our employees. Eligible team members enjoy a full benefits package, 401(k) plan, annual merit increases, bonuses and competitive pay rates. We also offer other benefits such as discounted bus passes, time and a half on select holidays, holiday parties / bbq’s, wellness programs and team member challenges. We encourage growth through skill building and opportunities for career development.
If you are dependable, a team player, and someone who takes initiative, apply online below or in-person at Tamarack Junction - Human Resources, 13101 S. Virginia Street, Reno, NV 89511
Questions? Please call us at 775-384-3665 or email email@example.com
Heavy Cleaning Utility Steward - Swing/Grave
Under direction of the Culinary Management Team, the Kitchen Steward washes and cleans all china, glassware, silverware, pots, pans, utensils, cups and all related small wares in the kitchen and restaurant. Responsible for the organization, cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen, including emptying of all trash, keeping floors clean, prep tables, dumpster area, storage areas, etc. Performs duties in a conscientious, professional and efficient manner.
The Kitchen Steward, as with all members of the Tamarack Junction Casino Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner, which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance.
- Washes and sanitizes glasses, plates, glasses, pots, pans and kitchen equipment.
- Assumes total responsibility for assigned station including cleanliness and organization.
- Empties and cleans all kitchen trash cans as needed. Routinely checks trash cans for discarded tableware and kitchen utensils. Retrieves and cleans as necessary.
- Maintains kitchen floors. Routinely sweep and mop floors to ensure cleanliness and sanitation.
- Uses all dish washing equipment properly and demonstrates knowledge and use of detergents and sanitation chemicals.
- Spot checks all items for cleanliness at the end of wash cycle.
- Properly restocks all clean items into their proper storage place.
- Follows all established safety and sanitation practices and procedures.
- Regularly provides information to management staff regarding safety concerns.
- Communicates with Culinary Management Team regarding maintenance and equipment concerns.
- Promotes positive guest relations by projecting a courteous, helpful attitude and assisting guests and team members when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma (preferred).
- Previous dishwashing or kitchen experience preferred.
- Effective oral communication skills.
- Work independently and follow verbal and written directions, policies, and procedures.
- Understands proper sanitation procedures.
Someone who takes ownership of projects or objectives assigned to them.
Someone who is responsible and reliable in performing their job-related duties.
Someone who stays on top of all delegations, assignments, tasks; who takes ownership of all responsibilities even after they have been transferred to another. Ensures that the project is completed in a timely manner.
Someone who achieves a proficient level of technical and professional skills/knowledge in job-related areas with the intention of keeping guests service as the number one priority; acquires and refines current developments in areas of expertise.
The Utility Steward typically works in a fast-paced kitchen environment. The position will frequently interface with team members on a daily basis. The position work schedule varies and may include Saturday, Sunday and Holidays, varied hours depending on the needs of the operation. The Utility Steward is encouraged to maintain a flexible schedule.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently required to stand for long periods of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs/ladder; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk and hear. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
All employees of the Company are considered to be "at will." As such, any employee may terminate his employment at any time, with or without cause, as may the Company.
If you would like to apply for a position, please fill out our Online Application.