The Tamarack Junction Casino is the best locals’ casino in Reno, NV and we appreciate your interest in our property!
At Tamarack Junction, we have a strong reputation for giving back to our community and also our employees. Eligible team members enjoy a full benefits package, 401(k) plan, annual merit increases, bonuses and competitive pay rates. We also offer other benefits such as discounted bus passes, time and a half on select holidays, holiday parties / bbq’s, wellness programs and team member challenges. We encourage growth through skill building and opportunities for career development.
If you are dependable, a team player, and someone who takes initiative, apply online below or in-person at Tamarack Junction - Human Resources, 13101 S. Virginia Street, Reno, NV 89511
Questions? Please call us at 775-384-3665 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Utility Steward - Varied
Under direction of the Culinary Management Team, the Kitchen Steward washes and cleans all china, glassware, silverware, pots, pans, utensils, cups and all related small wares in the kitchen and restaurant. Responsible for the organization, cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen, including emptying of all trash, keeping floors clean, prep tables, dumpster area, storage areas, etc. Performs duties in a conscientious, professional and efficient manner.
The Kitchen Steward, as with all members of the Tamarack Junction Casino Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner, which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance.
- Washes and sanitizes glasses, plates, glasses, pots, pans and kitchen equipment.
- Assumes total responsibility for assigned station including cleanliness and organization.
- Empties and cleans all kitchen trash cans as needed. Routinely checks trash cans for discarded tableware and kitchen utensils. Retrieves and cleans as necessary.
- Maintains kitchen floors. Routinely sweep and mop floors to ensure cleanliness and sanitation.
- Uses all dish washing equipment properly and demonstrates knowledge and use of detergents and sanitation chemicals.
- Spot checks all items for cleanliness at the end of wash cycle.
- Properly restocks all clean items into their proper storage place.
- Follows all established safety and sanitation practices and procedures.
- Regularly provides information to management staff regarding safety concerns.
- Communicates with Culinary Management Team regarding maintenance and equipment concerns.
- Promotes positive guest relations by projecting a courteous, helpful attitude and assisting guests and team members when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
All employees of the Company are considered to be "at will." As such, any employee may terminate his employment at any time, with or without cause, as may the Company.
If you would like to apply for a position, please fill out our Online Application.