The Tamarack Junction Casino is the best locals’ casino in Reno, NV and we appreciate your interest in our property!
At Tamarack Junction, we have a strong reputation for giving back to our community and also our employees. Eligible team members enjoy a full benefits package, 401(k) plan, annual merit increases, bonuses and competitive pay rates. We also offer other benefits such as discounted bus passes, time and a half on select holidays, holiday parties / bbq’s, wellness programs and team member challenges. We encourage growth through skill building and opportunities for career development.
If you are dependable, a team player, and someone who takes initiative, apply online below or in-person at Tamarack Junction - Human Resources, 13101 S. Virginia Street, Reno, NV 89511
Questions? Please call us at 775-384-3665 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Steak House - Back Waiter
MUST HAVE PREVIOUS SPORTS BAR SERVER EXPERIENCE
Under general direction of The Front Waiter, the Server Assistant organizes the activities required of the Service Sequence to deliver high standards of the Steak House in quality and service to the Guests in his/her station. The Server Assistant is responsible for his or her station as well as assisting the rest of the teams to meet the needs of the Guest.
The Server Assistant, as with all members of the Tamarack Junction Casino Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner, which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity. The Server Assistant shares in the Tamarack Junction Casino support of the company’s Vision, Mission, Values, and consistently performs all functions by leading by example.
- Coordination of the dining experience related to his station and job requirements that is pleasant and positive.
- Maintain knowledge of all restaurant services, amenities, and hours of operation, current specials, and events.
- Fine wine knowledge preferred.
- Assists in Guest seating if needed.
- Communicate all guest concerns through excellent communication and listening skills to the Front Waiter.
- Approaches tables in a friendly and professional manner.
- Responsible for following Steak House policies & procedures.
- Possesses strong teamwork skills.
- Busses and clears tables to Steak House standards.
- Uses a tray or cart at all times when clearing tables and delivering drinks.
- Transports dishes. Silver and glassware from restaurant to dish room in accordance with established Guidelines
- Knowledgeable with menu and up-selling.
- Performs coffee service according to standard.
- Performs dessert cart service when needed.
- Maintain a staff with a neat appearance to uniform standards and cleanliness.
- Maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Be available during all major functions and assist in supervision.
- Checks out side work with Front Waiter before leaving shift.
- Checks that all silverware and glassware are polished before re-setting tables.
- Checks all linen for stains, rips and tears before re-setting tables.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Minimum 1 year fine dining experience preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Provide exceptional Guest service at all times.
- Is self-driven and follows verbal and written directions, policies and procedures.
- Ability to use service trays and lift up to 25 pounds (preferred).
- ServSafe certification preferred.
- Alcohol Awareness Card preferred
Someone who exemplifies a positive and optimistic outlook in all work situations. Someone who finds the value and good in every circumstance. Takes a positive position in every scenario. They believe that the only outcome is an excellent guest experience. Genuinely enjoys being a part of the Tamarack.
Someone who is responsible and reliable in performing their job-related duties.
Someone who focuses on discovering the needs of a guest and figures out how to best meet them.
Understanding all the necessary information on the goods and services sold and or offered by the organization. Specifically for the Tamarack, product knowledge would include knowledge of the following: food and beverage products, machine equipment related to your job, promotional offerings, and slot machine games and themes.
Quality and Service
Someone who strives to provide the best guest experience by continuously improving ones skillset to better guest satisfaction and service standards.
The Server Assistant works in a fine dining environment which calls for the highest level of professionalism and etiquette. The work schedule varies and may include Saturday, Sunday and Holidays, varies hours depending on the needs of the operation. This position requires flexibility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs/ladder; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
All employees of the Company are considered to be "at will." As such, any employee may terminate his employment at any time, with or without cause, as may the Company.
If you would like to apply for a position, please fill out our Online Application.