The Tamarack Junction Casino is the best locals’ casino in Reno, NV and we appreciate your interest in our property!
At Tamarack Junction, we have a strong reputation for giving back to our community and also our employees. Eligible team members enjoy a full benefits package, 401(k) plan, annual merit increases, bonuses and competitive pay rates. We also offer other benefits such as discounted bus passes, time and a half on select holidays, holiday parties / bbq’s, wellness programs and team member challenges. We encourage growth through skill building and opportunities for career development.
If you are dependable, a team player, and someone who takes initiative, apply online below or in-person at Tamarack Junction - Human Resources, 13101 S. Virginia Street, Reno, NV 89511
Questions? Please call us at 775-384-3665 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Restaurant Food Server
MUST HAVE PREVIOUS SPORTS BAR SERVER EXPERIENCE
Under general direction of the Food and Beverage Management Team, the Food Server will maintain the high standards of the operation in quality and service to maximize profits. The Food Server is expected to not only be a salesman but a hospitality specialist in a conscientious, professional, friendly, effective and courteous manner; insuring a quality guest experience and guest satisfaction.
The Food Server, as with all members of the Tamarack Junction Casino Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner, which demonstrates initiative and professionalism.
- Greets guests and accurately takes food and beverage orders. Places orders and delivers all requested items to guests in a timely, efficient manner.
- Responsible for the presentation of food and beverage items ordered and ensuring quality and consistency of the order.
- Enters all orders into POS system with accuracy.
- Clears table of used items and dishes in a timely manner.
- Provides accurate check to guest and ensures payment is made by guest.
- Performs assigned opening duties to stock station with proper supply levels needed for the shift as outlined in the opening checklist.
- Assumes total responsibility for assigned station including cleanliness and organization.
- Performs closing side work to ensure a clean and safe station.
- Advises a Manager when they are approaching overtime.
- Shows willingness and effort to work as a team member.
- Keeps a Food and Beverage Manager informed of guest reactions, comments or problems that may arise.
- Checks out with a Shift Supervisor/Manager before leaving the shift.
- Regularly provides information to Supervisor/Manager and Chef regarding guest reactions, comments, or problems that may arise.
- Regularly provides information to management staff regarding safety concerns and the general appearance of the casino to ensure a quality and safe environment for guests.
- Promotes positive guest relations by projecting a courteous, helpful attitude and assisting guests when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Provide exceptional Guest service at all times.
- Is self-driven and follows verbal and written directions, policies and procedures.
- Ability to use service trays and lift up to 25 pounds (preferred).
- High school diploma preferred.
- Minimum 1 year fine dining experience preferred.
- ServSafe certification preferred.
- Alcohol Awareness Card preferred
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments. Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values. .
- Teambuilding - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibility; Looks for tasks and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks and offers help when needed.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quantity-Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
The Server Assistant works in a fine dining environment which calls for the highest level of professionalism and etiquette. The work schedule varies and may include Saturday, Sunday and Holidays, varies hours depending on the needs of the operation. This position requires flexibility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs/ladder; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
All employees of the Company are considered to be "at will." As such, any employee may terminate his employment at any time, with or without cause, as may the Company.
If you would like to apply for a position, please fill out our Online Application.