The Tamarack Junction Casino is the best locals’ casino in Reno, NV and we appreciate your interest in our property!
At Tamarack Junction, we have a strong reputation for giving back to our community and also our employees. Eligible team members enjoy a full benefits package, 401(k) plan, annual merit increases, bonuses and competitive pay rates. We also offer other benefits such as discounted bus passes, time and a half on select holidays, holiday parties / bbq’s, wellness programs and team member challenges. We encourage growth through skill building and opportunities for career development.
If you are dependable, a team player, and someone who takes initiative, apply online below or in-person at Tamarack Junction - Human Resources, 13101 S. Virginia Street, Reno, NV 89511
Questions? Please call us at 775-384-3665 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Under direction of the Culinary Management Team, the Prep Cook prepares and cooks all necessary prep items according to proper recipes in a consistent, timely manner with emphasis on quality and consistency. Performs duties in a conscientious, professional, friendly, efficient and courteous manner; ensuring a quality guest experience and guest satisfaction.
The Prep Cook, as with all members of the Tamarack Junction Casino Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner, which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance.
- Performs basic cooking skills, including sauté, baking, broiling, grilling, etc. Has full working knowledge and understanding of all recipes and procedures in use.
- Performs assigned prep duties to stock station with proper food preparation levels needed for the shift. Carries food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas.
- Cleans and portions, and cuts or peels various foods to prepare for cooking or serving. Understands and follows proper portion control to ensure minimal food waste.
- Follows all established safety and sanitary practices and procedures. Routinely checks food temperatures and rotates food items as necessary. Routinely checks food items for freshness and discards spoiled food items.
- Follows all recipes and specifications to maintain quality and consistency.
- Understands and demonstrates preparation of high quality products and presentation.
- Assumes total responsibility for assigned station including cleanliness and organization.
- Is responsible for completion of prep duties assigned by supervisor.
- Keeps Shift Supervisor/Manager informed of any problems or shortages.
- Regularly provides information to management staff regarding safety concerns and the general appearance of the casino to ensure a quality and safe environment for guests and staff.
- Promotes positive guest relations by projecting a courteous, helpful attitude and assisting guests and team members when appropriate.
- Has a basic knowledge of line cook duties and is willing and able to assist on the line if necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma (preferred).
- Previous line cook or kitchen experience preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Provide exceptional guest services at all times.
- Work independently and follow verbal and written directions, policies, and procedures.
- Basic cooking knowledge including the ability to safely use all prep equipment including the slicer, food processor, brazier, fryer, soup kettle, smoker, buffalo chopper, beurre mixer and convection ovens .
- Ability to read and follow a recipe. Have full working knowledge and understanding of all menus and how the various prep items relate to those menus.
- Understands proper handling/storage and rotation of food items. Knows how to use the FIFO system and how to label and date food items properly.
- ServSafe Training perferred.
Someone who exemplifies a positive and optimistic outlook in all work situations. Someone who finds the value and good in every circumstance. Takes a positive position in every scenario. They believe that the only outcome is an excellent guest experience. Genuinely enjoys being a part of the Tamarack.
Someone who focuses on discovering the needs of a guest and figures out how to best meet them.
The style or manner with which something is considered or displayed to create an overall impression.
Understanding all the necessary information on the goods and services sold and or offered by the organization. Specifically for the Tamarack, product knowledge would include knowledge of the following: food and beverage products, machine equipment related to your job, promotional offerings, and slot machine games and themes.
Quality and Service
Someone who strives to provide the best guest experience by continuously improving ones skillset to better guest satisfaction and service standards.
Someone who demonstrates a feeling of deep admiration for something or someone prompted by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
The Prep Cook typically works in a fast-paced restaurant environment. The position will involve frequent interaction with supervisors, line cooks and guests. The position also requires that the individual be able to work with minimal supervision and monitor their own work for accuracy. The position work schedule varies and may include Saturday, Sunday and Holidays, varied hours depending on the needs of the operation. The Prep Cook is encouraged to maintain a flexible schedule.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently required to stand for long periods of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs/ladder; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk and hear. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
All employees of the Company are considered to be "at will." As such, any employee may terminate his employment at any time, with or without cause, as may the Company.
If you would like to apply for a position, please fill out our Online Application.