The Tamarack Junction Casino is the best locals’ casino in Reno, NV and we appreciate your interest in our property!
At Tamarack Junction, we have a strong reputation for giving back to our community and also our employees. Eligible team members enjoy a full benefits package, 401(k) plan, annual merit increases, bonuses and competitive pay rates. We also offer other benefits such as discounted bus passes, time and a half on select holidays, holiday parties / bbq’s, wellness programs and team member challenges. We encourage growth through skill building and opportunities for career development.
If you are dependable, a team player, and someone who takes initiative, apply online below or in-person at Tamarack Junction - Human Resources, 13101 S. Virginia Street, Reno, NV 89511
Questions? Please call us at 775-384-3665 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Porter (Varied shifts available)
Under direction of the Chief Engineer or Shift Supervisor, the Casino Services Representative keeps interior and exterior of casino building in clean and orderly condition by completing day to day cleaning and sanitation of the Tamarack Junction Casino in accordance with property standards, policies and procedures.
The Casino Services Representative, as with all members of the Tamarack Junction Casino Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner, which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floor.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork.
- Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
- Empties wastebaskets, and empties and cleans ashtrays.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Cuts and trims grass, and shovels snow.
- Transports small equipment or tools between departments.
- Sets up tables and chairs in banquet rooms.
- Regularly provides information to management staff regarding safety concerns and the general appearance of the casino to ensure a quality and safe environment for guests.
- Promotes positive customer relations by projecting a courteous, helpful attitude and assisting guests with a helping hand when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Effective oral communication skills.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Previous experience performing janitorial related tasks.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Work independently and follow verbal and written directions.
- Knowledge of First Aid and Safety procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs/ladder; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
All employees of the Company are considered to be "at will." As such, any employee may terminate his employment at any time, with or without cause, as may the Company.
If you would like to apply for a position, please fill out our Online Application.