The Tamarack Junction Casino is the best locals’ casino in Reno, NV and we appreciate your interest in our property!
At Tamarack Junction, we have a strong reputation for giving back to our community and also our employees. Eligible team members enjoy a full benefits package, 401(k) plan, annual merit increases, bonuses and competitive pay rates. We also offer other benefits such as discounted bus passes, time and a half on select holidays, holiday parties / bbq’s, wellness programs and team member challenges. We encourage growth through skill building and opportunities for career development.
If you are dependable, a team player, and someone who takes initiative, apply online below or in-person at Tamarack Junction - Human Resources, 13101 S. Virginia Street, Reno, NV 89511
Questions? Please call us at 775-384-3665 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Under direction of the Chief Engineer or Shift Supervisor, The Lead Casino Services Representative would be responsible for organizing the task and work flow for the Casino Services and back of the house Stewards daily duties.
Also, the lead Casino Services Representative is involved directly with keeping interior / exterior of casino building in clean and orderly condition by completing day to day cleaning and sanitation of the Tamarack Junction Casino in accordance with property standards, policies and procedures.
The lead Casino Services Representative will assist in the accounting for and distribution of chemicals and supplies that pertain to the daily duties for the facility.
The lead Casino Services Representative would assist in the training of staff and the new hires for the policies and procedures used at Tamarack Junction Casino.
The Lead Casino Services Representative, as with all members of the Tamarack Junction Casino Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner, which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance.
- Start of shift / mid shift / end of shift janitors closet inventory check
- Start of shift / mid shift / end of shift general inspection of all bathrooms in casino area as well as the back of house and mezzanine level.
- Report all findings to Shift Supervisor and arrange for area staffing needs.
- Replenish cleaning chemical supplies in needed areas.
- Regularly provides information to management staff regarding safety concerns and the general appearance of the casino to ensure a quality and safe environment for guests.
- Promotes positive customer relations by projecting a courteous, helpful attitude and assisting guests with a helping hand when appropriate.
- Cleans Rooms, hallways, lobbies, restrooms, corridors, stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork.
- Empties wastebaskets, and empties and cleans ashtrays.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies.
- Transports small equipment or tools between departments.
- Sets up tables and chairs in banquet rooms.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Effective oral communication skills.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Work independently and follow verbal and written directions.
- Knowledge of First Aid and Safety procedures.
- Previous experience performing janitorial related tasks.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Customer Services - Displays courtesy and sensitivity; manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Meets commitments; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Demonstrates the "Be Great Today" philosophy.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly: Listens and gets clarification: Responds well to questions.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Attendance / Punctuality - Is consistently at work on time: Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent: Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is frequently required to stand: walk: use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls: reach with hands and arms: climb stairs / ladder: balance: stoop, kneel crouch or crawl: talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.All employees of the company are considered to be “at will.” As such, any employee may terminate his employment at any time, with or without cause, as may the Company
All employees of the Company are considered to be "at will." As such, any employee may terminate his employment at any time, with or without cause, as may the Company.
If you would like to apply for a position, please fill out our Online Application.