The Tamarack Junction Casino is the best locals’ casino in Reno, NV and we appreciate your interest in our property!
At Tamarack Junction, we have a strong reputation for giving back to our community and also our employees. Eligible team members enjoy a full benefits package, 401(k) plan, annual merit increases, bonuses and competitive pay rates. We also offer other benefits such as discounted bus passes, time and a half on select holidays, holiday parties / bbq’s, wellness programs and team member challenges. We encourage growth through skill building and opportunities for career development.
If you are dependable, a team player, and someone who takes initiative, apply online below or in-person at Tamarack Junction - Human Resources, 13101 S. Virginia Street, Reno, NV 89511
Questions? Please call us at 775-384-3665 or email email@example.com
The Maintenance Assistant reports to the Chief engineer and is responsible for day to day maintenance of the Tamarack Junction Casino in accordance with property standards, policies and procedures. The Maintenance Assistant performs specific repairs on automotive, carpentry, cleaning, electrical, HVAC, kitchen equipment, masonry, painting, plumbing and other general and preventive maintenance.
The Maintenance Assistant, as with all members of the Tamarack Junction Casino Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner, which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance. The Maintenance Assistant shares in the Tamarack Junction Casino support of the company’s Vision, , Values, and consistently performs all functions in a fashion that inspires and motivates others to actively pursue them.
- Prioritizes, completes maintenance work and maintenance service requests for the Tamarack.
- Completes related paper work in an accurate and timely manner, utilizing computer software and general office procedures to track the status of the Tamaracks facility.
- Performs specific carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical, HVAC, equipment repair and other general maintenance in accordance with Tamarack standards and city, state and federal building codes when applicable.
- Implements the preventive maintenance process. Inspects all areas of Tamarack to ensure all maintenance items are completed.
- May repair, replace or maintain various property emergency and security systems.
- Assist the Chief Engineer with proactive work to best protect the investment and operation of the Tamarack.
- May inspect vendor/contractor work performed to ensure quality, completeness and compliance with tamarack standards.
- Purchases supplies adhering to the Tamarack policies and procedures including the Chief Engineers approval.
- Forwards any vendor invoices to the Accounting office for processing.
- Signs acknowledgement of receipt of goods on invoices and freight bills.
- Assist the Chief Engineer to inspect the facility and property including all roofs, stucco, drywall, masonry, asphalt, structural, and recreational areas, identifying all areas in need of immediate or future repairs and maintenance.
- Conducts informal property inspection of all common areas of the property and informs the Chief Engineer of all extraordinary items to discuss scheduling of any required work.
- Proactively learn with the Chief Engineer on new technologies, methods and materials for lowering operating costs.
- May be scheduled to provide on-call maintenance at any time or event for the Tamarack.
- Provides and maintains his/her own small tools and equipment customarily used in the industry and building trades.
- Works with the Chief Engineer to attend safety meetings and implement the OSHA policies that apply to Tamarack.
- Supports team building with positive and open communication.
- Participate in company sponsored classes and provided training, with the objective of completing individual goals and compliance with mandatory training.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Actual job duties and responsibilities may vary depending on circumstances or needs of the Tamarack as judged by the Chief Engineer, Operations Manager or General Manager.
- Minimum of 2 years commercial maintenance experience performing maintenance related job duties.
- High school diploma or equivalent, maintenance trade relative seminars, schools and courses are also helpful.
- Ability to perform advanced level maintenance related tasks including automotive, carpentry, electrical, emergency/security systems, HVAC, kitchen equipment and plumbing.
- Ability to use hand and power tools as all trades require.
- Knowledge of first aid, safety and OSHA requirements as they apply to the Tamarack facility.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to give clear direction and respond to inquiries.
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times.
- Some computer experience with knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/Outlook) is helpful.
Someone who takes ownership of projects or objectives assigned to them.
Someone who can exchange and present thoughts, messages, or information, as by speech, signals, writing or behavior. Delivers clear, effective communication and takes responsibility for understanding others. Exhibits good listening skills and comprehends complex matters well.
Someone who stays on top of all delegations, assignments, tasks; who takes ownership of all responsibilities even after they have been transferred to another. Ensures that the project is completed in a timely manner.
The human quality of communicating and acting truthfully and with fairness.
Lead by Example
Conducting yourself in a manner that reflects the values of Team Tamarack which employees can look to as an example.
Carefully thinks through problems and plans out the steps and decisions needed to bring resolution.
Someone who can establish contact with guests and other team members on a more personal level.
Someone who achieves a proficient level of technical and professional skills/knowledge in job-related areas with the intention of keeping guests service as the number one priority; acquires and refines current developments in areas of expertise
The Maintenance Assistant works on-site at the casino and interfaces with external/internal customers, Team Members, and vendors on a regular basis. The position work schedule varies and may include Saturday/Sunday and evening work depending on the needs of the operation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; climb ladders, operate scissor lifts, balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
All employees of the Company are considered to be "at will." As such, any employee may terminate his employment at any time, with or without cause, as may the Company.
If you would like to apply for a position, please fill out our Online Application.