The Tamarack Junction Casino is the best locals’ casino in Reno, NV and we appreciate your interest in our property!
At Tamarack Junction, we have a strong reputation for giving back to our community and also our employees. Eligible team members enjoy a full benefits package, 401(k) plan, annual merit increases, bonuses and competitive pay rates. We also offer other benefits such as discounted bus passes, time and a half on select holidays, holiday parties / bbq’s, wellness programs and team member challenges. We encourage growth through skill building and opportunities for career development.
If you are dependable, a team player, and someone who takes initiative, apply online below or in-person at Tamarack Junction - Human Resources, 13101 S. Virginia Street, Reno, NV 89511
Questions? Please call us at 775-384-3665 or email email@example.com
Steakhouse Garde Manger/Pantry Cook
Under direction of the Culinary Management Team, the Garde Manger prepares and cooks all necessary menu items according to proper recipes in a consistent, timely manner with emphasis on quality and consistency. Performs duties in a conscientious, professional, friendly, efficient and courteous manner; ensuring a quality guest experience and guest satisfaction.
The Garde Manger, as with all members of the Tamarack Junction Casino Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance.
- Performs advanced cooking and plating skills, specifically the composition of the cold items for appetizers and desserts. Has full working knowledge and understanding of all recipes and procedures in use.
- Responsible for the preparation of all sauces and dressings used to fabricate the items needed for their station.
- Is skilled in presentations of salads, cold appetizers, desserts and assembling items for the tableside cooking menu
- Performs assigned prep duties to stock station with proper food preparation levels needed for the shift. Carries food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas.
- Cleans and portions, and cuts or peels various foods to prepare for cooking or serving. Understands and follows proper portion control to ensure minimal food waste.
- Follows all established safety and sanitary practices and procedures. Routinely checks food temperatures and rotates food items as necessary. Routinely checks food items for freshness and discards spoiled food items and notifies management of problems.
- Follows all recipes, guidelines and specifications to maintain quality and consistency.
- Understands and demonstrates preparation of high quality products and presentation.
- Assumes total responsibility for assigned station including cleanliness, organization and mis en place.
- Is responsible for the timely preparation of the menu items assigned to his station and coordinating with the other line cooks to see that the food items on the ticket are all finished in a reasonable time frame
- Keeps Shift Supervisor/Manager informed of any problems or shortages.
- Regularly provides information to management staff regarding safety concerns and the general appearance kitchen area to ensure a quality and safe environment for guests and staff.
- Promotes positive guest relations by projecting a courteous, helpful attitude and assisting guests and team members when appropriate.
- Works closely with the front of the house staff to insure total guest satisfaction with the meal including but not limited to dealing with re-fire tickets and special guest requests.
- Assists the other chefs in the general prep for the night including but not limited to; side dishes, sauces and soups.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Provide exceptional guest services at all times.
- Work seamlessly with the front of the house to insure complete guest satisfaction.
- Work independently and follow verbal and written directions, policies, and procedures.
- Advanced cooking knowledge including the ability to safely work on a busy professional kitchen line with deep fryers, sauté burners, high temperature broiler, flattop griddle and other equipment
- Ability to read and follow a recipe.
- Have full and advanced working knowledge presentation of cold food items and desserts.
- Have the ability to coordinate with the other stations on the line, a working knowledge of the full menu and the skills to assist when business levels dictate.
- Understands proper handling/storage and rotation of food items. Knows how to use the FIFO system and how to label and date food items properly.
- High School diploma (preferred).
- Previous two years of fine dining Garde Manger/Salad Pantry experience or kitchen experience preferred.
- ServSafe Training preferred.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional guest situations; Responds promptly to guest needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to request for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibility; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for way to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently required to stand for long periods of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs/ladder; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk and hear. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
All team members of the Company are considered to be "at will." As such, any team member may terminate his employment at any time, with or without cause, as may the Company.
All employees of the Company are considered to be "at will." As such, any employee may terminate his employment at any time, with or without cause, as may the Company.
If you would like to apply for a position, please fill out our Online Application.