The Tamarack Junction Casino is the best locals’ casino in Reno, NV and we appreciate your interest in our property!
At Tamarack Junction, we have a strong reputation for giving back to our community and also our employees. Eligible team members enjoy a full benefits package, 401(k) plan, annual merit increases, bonuses and competitive pay rates. We also offer other benefits such as discounted bus passes, time and a half on select holidays, holiday parties / bbq’s, wellness programs and team member challenges. We encourage growth through skill building and opportunities for career development.
If you are dependable, a team player, and someone who takes initiative, apply online below or in-person at Tamarack Junction - Human Resources, 13101 S. Virginia Street, Reno, NV 89511
Questions? Please call us at 775-384-3665 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Host/Cashier - Full Time
Under general direction of the Food Supervisor and Manager the Host/Cashier will provide a warm, friendly greeting to guests. Seats, and presents clean menus to guests in a professional and quick manner.
The Host/Cashier, as with all members of the Tamarack Junction Casino Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner, which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance.
- Answers guest calls with “Thank you for calling the Tamarack Junction Casino this is (your name), how may I help you.
- Is familiar and proficient with menus and general restaurant operational policies to ensure quests questions and to go orders can be taken with accurate GREAT guest service.
- Promptly greets and seats guests, and presents clean menus to guests.
- Works with the Lead Host/Cashier to coordinate dining room floor, rotates seating between server sections, takes names on a waiting list.
- Observes tables and keep track of clean, dirty and occupied tables.
- Takes guest information and quotes wait to guests accurately when tables are not immediately available.
- Assumes total responsibility for assigned station including cleanliness, organization, and proper housekeeping practices in the lobby before, during and after the shift.
- Retrieves menus form kitchen and dining room and returns to podium
- Processes guest payment transactions utilizing the POS system.Ensures accuracy of processing cash, credit card, comp card and other transactions showing
- Interacts with guests as they leave the restaurant to ensure positive dining experience.
- Accurately counts assigned bank at beginning and end of each shift.
- Follows all cash handling policies and procedures and keeps variances to a minimum.
- Assumes total responsibility for assigned station including cleanliness and organization.
- Performs closing side work to ensure a clean and safe station.
- Responsible for knowledge of his/her own schedule and advises a Manager when they are approaching overtime.
- Keeps a Food and Beverage Manager informed of guest reactions, comments or problems that may arise.
- Checks out with a Shift Supervisor/Manager before leaving for breaks and end of shift.
- Regularly provides information to management staff regarding safety concerns and the general appearance of the casino to ensure a quality and safe environment for guests.
- Promotes positive guest relations by projecting a courteous, helpful attitude and assisting guests when appropriate.
- Shows willingness and effort to work as a team and perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma (preferred).
- Previous customer service experience – preferably in hospitality or retail.
- Effective oral communication skills.
- Provide exceptional guest services at all times.
- Work independently and follow verbal and written directions, policies, and procedures.
- Working knowledge of a service POS system.
- Basic mathematical skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to use a service tray and lift up to 25 pounds (preferred).
Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional guest situations; Responds promptly to guest needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to request for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative – Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibility; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Measures self against standard of excellence.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for way to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
The Host/Cashier typically works in a fast-paced restaurant environment. The position will frequently interface with guests and team members on a daily basis. The position work schedule varies and may include Saturday, Sunday and Holidays, varied hours depending on the needs of the operation. The Host/Cashier is encouraged to maintain a flexible schedule.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand/walk for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs/ladder; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
All team members of the Company are considered to be "at will." As such, any team member may terminate his employment at any time, with or without cause, as may the Company.
All employees of the Company are considered to be "at will." As such, any employee may terminate his employment at any time, with or without cause, as may the Company.
If you would like to apply for a position, please fill out our Online Application.