The Tamarack Junction Casino is the best locals’ casino in Reno, NV and we appreciate your interest in our property!
At Tamarack Junction, we have a strong reputation for giving back to our community and also our employees. Eligible team members enjoy a full benefits package, 401(k) plan, annual merit increases, bonuses and competitive pay rates. We also offer other benefits such as discounted bus passes, time and a half on select holidays, holiday parties / bbq’s, wellness programs and team member challenges. We encourage growth through skill building and opportunities for career development.
If you are dependable, a team player, and someone who takes initiative, apply online below or in-person at Tamarack Junction - Human Resources, 13101 S. Virginia Street, Reno, NV 89511
Questions? Please call us at 775-384-3665 or email email@example.com
Guest Services Representative - Grave
Under the direction of the Controller and MOD, the Guest Services Representative accurately processes various cash related transactions during an assigned shift and prepares a summary of all receipts and disbursements made during shift.
The Guest Services Representative , as with all members of the Tamarack Junction Casino Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner, which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance.
- Counts and balances the starting fund of the assigned guest services window.
- Records and balances all currency transactions in the computer.
- Sorts and bags loose coins and bundles paper money.
- Maintains and completes the required gaming and company forms and reports.
- Reconciles daily summaries of transaction and balances all currency transactions against cash on hand.
- Assist with the distribution of company payroll checks.
- Responsible for cage cleanliness and organization.
- Perform and be accountable for players club. Duties include: processing external comps issued to guests; computer processing of external and internal comps; issuing gift cards, processing gift card inventory; check cashing for personal, third party, government, and traveler’s checks; accountable for replenishing the cash drawer; processes batches which is exchanging paper documents for cash; accountable for transactions limits; ensuring signatures are on every document requesting money; processes check in & out slot bank correctly; and accountable for verifying the till.
- As directed, performs functions as main banker when necessary. Duties include: Withdraws monies from vault and keeps custody of main bank funds; Allocates operating funds to cashiering stations; Balance overall paperwork for the cage for the shift and prepare accounting documentation; Totals and summarizes funds received, endorses checks, and prepares bank deposit slip; Receive and verify funds from revenue operations; Build till banks for revenue centers.
- May assume position of count room member for an assigned shift.
- Responsible for sensitive key box control when assigned during a shift.
- Shows willingness and effort to work as a team member.
- Keeps Controller informed of guest reactions, comments or problems that may arise.
- Regularly provides information to management staff regarding safety concerns and the general appearance of the casino to ensure a quality and safe environment for guests.
- Promotes positive guest relations by projecting a courteous, helpful attitude and assisting guests when appropriate. Gives directions to guests and answers questions relative to Company events and/or policies.
- Reports irregular activities to Shift Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Familiar with applicable Federal and Gaming Control Board laws, regulations, and/or ordinances.
- Assists and performs other departments as requested or assigned.
- Effective oral communication skills.
- Provide exceptional guest services at all times.
- Work independently and follow verbal and written directions, policies, and procedures.
- Proficient understanding of casino cage operations and applicable laws and regulations.
- Understanding of cash handling and/or accounting principles. Ability to read and interpret numerical information.
- Computer literate and proficiency with slot ticketing software preferred. Accurate 10 key skills by touch.
- High school diploma or equivalent supplemented by college level courses.
- Previous cash handling experience.
Guest Service – Manages difficult or emotional guest situations; Responds promptly to guest needs; Solicits guest feedback to improve service; Responds to request for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative – Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibility; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Measures self against standard of excellence.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for way to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs/ladder; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
All employees of the Company are considered to be "at will." As such, any employee may terminate his employment at any time, with or without cause, as may the Company.
If you would like to apply for a position, please fill out our Online Application.