The Tamarack Junction Casino is the best locals’ casino in Reno, NV and we appreciate your interest in our property!
At Tamarack Junction, we have a strong reputation for giving back to our community and also our employees. Eligible team members enjoy a full benefits package, 401(k) plan, annual merit increases, bonuses and competitive pay rates. We also offer other benefits such as discounted bus passes, time and a half on select holidays, holiday parties / bbq’s, wellness programs and team member challenges. We encourage growth through skill building and opportunities for career development.
If you are dependable, a team player, and someone who takes initiative, apply online below or in-person at Tamarack Junction - Human Resources, 13101 S. Virginia Street, Reno, NV 89511
Questions? Please call us at 775-384-3665 or email email@example.com
Floor Person - (Slot Ambassador Grave Shift)
Under direction of the Operations Manager or Shift Supervisor, the Floor Person provides guests with change, jackpot payments, observes slot play and displays exceptional guest service at all times. The Floor Person is proactive in resolving guest complaints and resolving slot machine repairs.
The Floor Person, as with all members of the Tamarack Junction Casino Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner, which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance.
- Promotes positive guest relations by projecting a courteous, helpful attitude and assisting guests as appropriate.
- Accurately exchange currency for guests, converting currency into requested combinations of bills and coins. Ensures accurate money handling and documentation.
- Trouble shoots all minor slot machine malfunctions and assists in the repairs.
- Assists guests in registering as a Conductor's Club member. Provides guests with information regarding club awards program.
- Validates all jackpot payments on an assigned shift. Complies with all policy and procedures and gaming regulations in regard to slot payouts/jackpots. Accurately completes required slot payout paperwork, such as W-9's and W-2G's.
- Ensures compliance with company policy, Gaming Control Board Regulations, Title 26 Currency Regulations.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of all the amenities available at the Tamarack. Provides information to guests regarding the facility. Provides directions to areas of the casino as needed.
- As needed, assists with keeping slot area clean and orderly. Picks up debris and removes used glasses.
- Regularly provides information to management staff regarding safety concerns and the general appearance of the casino to ensure a quality and safe environment for guests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Must be 21.
- Previous cash handling and guest service experience. Casino experience preferred.
- Understanding of cash handling and accounting principles. Ability to read and interpret numerical information.
- Proficient understanding of casino operations and applicable laws and regulations (GCB and Title 26).
- Knowledge of First Aid and Safety procedures.
- Registration as a gaming employee with the Gaming Control Board required.
- Effective oral communication skills.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and follow verbal and written directions. Strong attention to detail.
Someone who takes ownership of projects or objectives assigned to them.
Someone who exemplifies a positive and optimistic outlook in all work situations. Someone who finds the value and good in every circumstance. Takes a positive position in every scenario. They believe that the only outcome is an excellent guest experience. Genuinely enjoys being a part of the Tamarack.
Someone who can exchange and present thoughts, messages, or information, as by speech, signals, writing or behavior. Delivers clear, effective communication and takes responsibility for understanding others. Exhibits good listening skills and comprehends complex matters well.
Someone who is responsible and reliable in performing their job-related duties.
Someone who focuses on discovering the needs of a guest and figures out how to best meet them.
Someone who is able to effectively communicate, interact, and form relationships with both guests and fellow team members.
Quality and Service
Someone who strives to provide the best guest experience by continuously improving ones skillset to better guest satisfaction and service standards.
Someone who can establish contact with guests and other team members on a more personal level.
Someone who proactively tries to develop their capabilities and potential.
The Floor Person works on-site at the casino and interfaces with external/internal guests, team members, and vendors on a regular basis. The position work schedule varies and may include Saturday/Sunday, evening and on-call work depending on the needs of the operation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is required to walk and stand for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
All employees of the Company are considered to be "at will." As such, any employee may terminate his employment at any time, with or without cause, as may the Company.
If you would like to apply for a position, please fill out our Online Application.