The Tamarack Junction Casino is the best locals’ casino in Reno, NV and we appreciate your interest in our property!
At Tamarack Junction, we have a strong reputation for giving back to our community and also our employees. Eligible team members enjoy a full benefits package, 401(k) plan, annual merit increases, bonuses and competitive pay rates. We also offer other benefits such as discounted bus passes, time and a half on select holidays, holiday parties / bbq’s, wellness programs and team member challenges. We encourage growth through skill building and opportunities for career development.
If you are dependable, a team player, and someone who takes initiative, apply online below or in-person at Tamarack Junction - Human Resources, 13101 S. Virginia Street, Reno, NV 89511
Questions? Please call us at 775-384-3665 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Casino Host interacts directly with slot guests to ensure they feel welcome, answers questions regarding the facility, and provides information regarding special slot club promotions. Additional responsibilities include coordinating slot promotions (slot tournaments), direct mail campaigns, assisting VIP guests, overseeing the Players Club database and points, and maintaining retail inventory and merchandise.
The Casino Host, as with all members of the Tamarack Junction Casino Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner, which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance.
- Promotes positive guest relations by projecting a courteous, helpful attitude and assisting guests as appropriate. Greets guests and recognizes frequent guests. Under direction of management staff, fulfills guest requests for special accommodations, comps, etc.
- Provides Players Club member services to ensure overall guest satisfaction, while maintaining a thorough knowledge of the club program, player tracking system, and overall casino operations. Maintains database, account adjustments, and point adjustments. Issues new/lost cards upon request. Explains the benefits and privileges of using a player’s card.
- Provides members with account status information and answers guest inquiries.
- Coordinates the sale of Tamarack retail merchandise. Ensures accurate money handling and documentation. Maintains inventory of all retail merchandise and places orders as necessary.
- In coordination with the Casino Marketing Manager, prepares annual special events and promotions calendar. Prepares budgets and submit estimates for each event costs.
- Assists with the preparation of advertising and promotional material to increase guest volume, working with management staff and advertising agencies.
- Inspect layouts and advertising copy and edit scripts, audio and video tapes, and other promotional material for adherence to specifications.
- Coordinates promotions and special event activities including slot tournaments, VIP functions, and general casino promotions.
- Prepares and distributes written communication for upcoming special events and promotions to staff as appropriate.
- As needed, validates all jackpot payments on an assigned shift. Complies with all policy and procedures and gaming regulations in regard to slot payouts/jackpots. Accurately completes required slot payout paperwork, such as W-9's and W-2G's.
- Ensures compliance with company policy, Gaming Control Board Regulations, Title 26 Currency Regulations.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of all the amenities available at the Tamarack. Provides information to guests regarding the facility. Provides directions to areas of the casino as needed.
- As needed, assists with keeping slot area clean and orderly.
- Regularly provides information to management staff regarding safety concerns and the general appearance of the casino to ensure a quality and safe environment for guests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to give clear direction and respond to inquiries. Must be able to speak effectively before groups of guests or Team Members of the organization.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/Outlook) and SDS/GreatPlains/Micros preferred.
- Registration as a gaming employee with the Gaming Control Board required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Prior experience in the hospitality industry – preferably Casino/Gaming. Must be 21.
- Understanding of marketing concepts; analyzing data; and report writing.
- Project management skills including planning, organizing, and coordinating tasks.
- Ability to work independently and follow verbal and written directions. Strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of cash handling and accounting principles. Ability to read and interpret numerical information.
- Proficient understanding of casino operations and applicable laws and regulations (GCB and Title 26).
- Guest Service - Manages difficult guest situations; Responds promptly to guest needs; Solicits guest feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other Team Members.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Job Knowledge - Performs job tasks proficiently; Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The incumbent is required to walk and stand for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
All team members of the Company are considered to be "at will." As such, any team member may terminate his employment at any time, with or without cause, as may the Company.
All employees of the Company are considered to be "at will." As such, any employee may terminate his employment at any time, with or without cause, as may the Company.
If you would like to apply for a position, please fill out our Online Application.