The Tamarack Junction Casino is the best locals’ casino in Reno, NV and we appreciate your interest in our property!
At Tamarack Junction, we have a strong reputation for giving back to our community and also our employees. Eligible team members enjoy a full benefits package, 401(k) plan, annual merit increases, bonuses and competitive pay rates. We also offer other benefits such as discounted bus passes, time and a half on select holidays, holiday parties / bbq’s, wellness programs and team member challenges. We encourage growth through skill building and opportunities for career development.
If you are dependable, a team player, and someone who takes initiative, apply online below or in-person at Tamarack Junction - Human Resources, 13101 S. Virginia Street, Reno, NV 89511
Questions? Please call us at 775-384-3665 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Busperson - Full Time (Day)
Under general direction of the Food and Beverage Management Team, the Bus Person clears, sets and services tables. The Bus Person also assists the Food Servers and Host/Cashiers as needed. Performs duties in a conscientious, professional, friendly, efficient and courteous manner; insuring guest satisfaction.
The Bus Person, as with all members of the Tamarack Junction Casino Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner, which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance.
- Stocks and maintains bus/dish cart station. Ensures necessary supplies, silverware, dishes, and paper products are available. Maintains the cleanliness and sanitation of the bus station area(s).
- Performs assigned opening duties to ensure a clean and well organized station with proper supply levels. Ensures that the dining room is in guest ready condition.
- Removes unused settings, clears dirty dishes, provides water, coffee, ice tea and soda refills as requested. Pre-busses (removes excess dishes) from tables throughout the shift.
- Approaches tables promptly with a warm greeting. Assists the Food Servers with guest service.
- Greets and seats guests when a host/hostess is not present.
- As guests depart, clears and resets tables as quickly as possible. Removes all dishes and glassware from tables after guest has left. Cleans table surface and ensures proper sanitation. Sets tables in the proper order according to the company expectations.
- Uses a tray at all times to clear all tables and to deliver beverages.
- Transports dishes from restaurant bus station area to dishwashing area. Sorts and separates silverware, dishes, and glassware in accordance with established guidelines.
- Maintains thorough housekeeping practices of the assigned station before, during and after the shift including floors, walls, chairs and tables.
- Empties and cleans all restaurant trash cans as needed. Routinely checks trash cans for discarded tableware and kitchen utensils. Retrieves and cleans as necessary.
- Regularly provides information to Food and Beverage Management Team regarding guest reactions, comments, or problems that may arise.
- Regularly provides information to management staff regarding safety concerns and the general appearance of the casino to ensure a quality and safe environment for guests.
- Promotes positive guest relations by projecting a courteous, helpful attitude and assisting guests when appropriate.
- Must be familiar and proficient with menus and general restaurant operational policies to be able to answer guests’ questions.
- Puts away clean dishes, silverware and glassware in specified area, as time permits. Routinely inspects dishes, silverware, and glassware for cleanliness. Returns items to dishwashing area if not appropriately cleaned. Performs posted closing sidework duties that is complete and thorough.
- Shows willingness and effort to work as a team member.
- Keeps a Food and Beverage Management Team informed of guest reactions, comments or problems that may arise.
- Checks out with a Shift Supervisor/Manager before leaving the shift.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Effective oral communication skills.
- Provide exceptional guest services at all times.
- Work independently and follow verbal and written directions, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to use a service tray and lift up to 25 pounds (preferred).
- High School diploma (preferred).
- Previous customer service experience – preferably in hospitality or retail.
Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional guest situations; Responds promptly to guest needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to request for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative – Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibility; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Measures self against standard of excellence.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for way to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand/walk for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs/ladder; balance; stop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
All employees of the Company are considered to be "at will." As such, any employee may terminate his employment at any time, with or without cause, as may the Company.
If you would like to apply for a position, please fill out our Online Application.