The Tamarack Junction Casino is the best locals’ casino in Reno, NV and we appreciate your interest in our property!
At Tamarack Junction, we have a strong reputation for giving back to our community and also our employees. Eligible team members enjoy a full benefits package, 401(k) plan, annual merit increases, bonuses and competitive pay rates. We also offer other benefits such as discounted bus passes, time and a half on select holidays, holiday parties / bbq’s, wellness programs and team member challenges. We encourage growth through skill building and opportunities for career development.
If you are dependable, a team player, and someone who takes initiative, apply online below or in-person at Tamarack Junction - Human Resources, 13101 S. Virginia Street, Reno, NV 89511
Questions? Please call us at 775-384-3665 or email email@example.com
The Line Cook, as with all members of the Tamarack Junction Casino Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner, which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance.
- Performs basic cooking skills, including sauté, baking, broiling, grilling, etc. Has full working knowledge and understanding of all menus and composites.
- Performs assigned opening duties to stock station with proper food preparation levels needed for the shift. Carries food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas.
- Cleans and portions, and cuts or peels various foods to prepare for cooking or serving. Understands and follows proper portion control to ensure minimal food waste.
- Follows all established safety and sanitary practices and procedures. Routinely checks food temperatures and rotates food items as necessary. Routinely checks food items for freshness and discards spoiled food items.
- Follows all recipes and specifications to maintain quality and consistency.
- Understands and demonstrates preparation of high quality products and presentation.
- Understands and reads tickets rung into to POS systems and prepares items according to each ticket.
- Assumes total responsibility for assigned station including cleanliness and organization.
- Performs closing side work to ensure a clean and safe station.
- Keeps Shift Supervisor/Manager informed of guest reactions, comments or problems that may arise.
- Regularly provides information to management staff regarding safety concerns and the general appearance of the casino to ensure a quality and safe environment for guests and staff.
- Promotes positive guest relations by projecting a courteous, helpful attitude and assisting guests and team members when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Effective oral communication skills.
- Provide exceptional guest services at all times.
- Work independently and follow verbal and written directions, policies, and procedures.
- Basic cooking knowledge including fry, grill, sauté’, and pantry.
- Ability to read and follow a recipe. Has full working knowledge and understanding of all menus and composites.
- Understands proper handling/storage and rotation of food items
- High School diploma (preferred).
- Previous line cook or kitchen experience preferred.
All employees of the Company are considered to be "at will." As such, any employee may terminate his employment at any time, with or without cause, as may the Company.
If you would like to apply for a position, please fill out our Online Application.