The Tamarack Junction Casino is the best locals’ casino in Reno, NV and we appreciate your interest in our property!
At Tamarack Junction, we have a strong reputation for giving back to our community and also our employees. Eligible team members enjoy a full benefits package, 401(k) plan, annual merit increases, bonuses and competitive pay rates. We also offer other benefits such as discounted bus passes, time and a half on select holidays, holiday parties / bbq’s, wellness programs and team member challenges. We encourage growth through skill building and opportunities for career development.
If you are dependable, a team player, and someone who takes initiative, apply online below or in-person at Tamarack Junction - Human Resources, 13101 S. Virginia Street, Reno, NV 89511
Questions? Please call us at 775-384-3665 or email email@example.com
Barback (On-Call) Weekends
Under general direction of the Food Management and Supervisor Team, the Barback will maintain the high standards of the operation in quality and service to maximize profits. The Bartender is expected to not only be a salesman but a hospitality specialist in a conscientious, professional, friendly, effective and courteous manner; insuring a quality guest experience and guest satisfaction.
The Barback, as with all members of the Tamarack Junction Casino Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner, which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance.
- Greets guests and accurately takes beverage and food orders. Places orders and delivers all requested items to guests in a timely, efficient manner.
- Enters all orders into POS system with accuracy.
- Clears bar of used items and dishes in a timely manner.
- Provides accurate check to guest and ensures payment is made by guest.
- Performs assigned opening duties to stock station with proper supply levels needed for the shift.
- Assumes total responsibility for assigned station including cleanliness and organization.
- Advises a Manager when they are approaching overtime.
- Shows willingness and effort to work as a team member.
- Keeps Management informed of guest reactions, comments or problems that may arise.
- Checks out with a Shift Supervisor/Manager before going on breaks and leaving shift.
- Regularly provides information to management staff regarding safety concerns and the general appearance of the casino to ensure a quality and safe environment for guests.
- Promotes positive guest relations by projecting a courteous, helpful attitude and assisting guests when appropriate.
- Effective oral communication skills.
- Provide exceptional guest services at all times.
- Work independently and follow verbal and written directions, policies, and procedures.
- Working knowledge of a service POS system.
- Has full working knowledge and understanding of all beverages and composites.
- The ability to promote and sell.
- High School diploma (preferred).
- Previous customer service experience – preferably in hospitality or retail.
- Alcohol Awareness Training
- ServSafe Training preferred.
The Barback typically works in a fast-paced restaurant environment. The position will frequently interface with guests and team members on a daily basis. The position work schedule varies and may include Saturday, Sunday and Holidays, varied hours depending on the needs of the operation. The Bartender is encouraged to maintain a flexible schedule.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs/ladder; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
All employees of the Company are considered to be "at will." As such, any employee may terminate his employment at any time, with or without cause, as may the Company.
If you would like to apply for a position, please fill out our Online Application.