The Tamarack Junction Casino is the best locals’ casino in Reno, NV and we appreciate your interest in our property!
At Tamarack Junction, we have a strong reputation for giving back to our community and also our employees. Eligible team members enjoy a full benefits package, 401(k) plan, annual merit increases, bonuses and competitive pay rates. We also offer other benefits such as discounted bus passes, time and a half on select holidays, holiday parties / bbq’s, wellness programs and team member challenges. We encourage growth through skill building and opportunities for career development.
If you are dependable, a team player, and someone who takes initiative, apply online below or in-person at Tamarack Junction - Human Resources, 13101 S. Virginia Street, Reno, NV 89511
Questions? Please call us at 775-384-3665 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Banquet Server - On/Call
Under general direction of the Banquet Manager, the Banquet Food Server will maintain the high standards of the operation in quality and service to maximize profits. The Banquet Food Server is expected to not only be a salesman but a hospitality specialist in a conscientious, professional, friendly, effective and courteous manner; insuring a quality guest experience and guest satisfaction.
The Banquet Food Server, as with all members of the Tamarack Junction Casino Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner, which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance
- Have working knowledge and able to perform all functions of a banquet food server.
- Are responsible for working on-site and off-site functions.
- Provide fast and courteous service to diners.
- Responsible for setting up which involves moving tables, chairs, dressing tables with linens, dishes, silverware, glasses, plates, cups, napkins, condiments, centerpieces, etc…
- Must be well groomed, good demeanor, sociable, practice proper personal hygiene and dress requirements as outlined in the handbook policy and procedures.
- Greets guests and delivers all requested items to guests in a timely, efficient manner.
- Responsible for the presentation of food and beverage items ordered and ensuring quality and consistency of the order.
- Responsible for clean-up, clears tables of dishes, glasses, utensils, etc and takes them to the kitchen. Removes table linens, napkins, and removal of decorations.
- Advises a Manager when they are approaching overtime.
- Shows willingness and effort to work as a team member.
- Keeps a Banquet Manager informed of guest reactions, comments or problems that may arise.
- Checks out with a Shift Supervisor/Manager before leaving the shift.
- Regularly provides information to Supervisor/Manager and Chef regarding guest reactions, comments, or problems that may arise.
- Regularly provides information to management staff regarding safety concerns and the general appearance of the casino to ensure a quality and safe environment for guests.
- Promotes positive guest relations by projecting a courteous, helpful attitude and assisting guests when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma (preferred).
- Previous customer service experience – preferably in hospitality or retail.
- Effective oral communication skills.
- Provide exceptional guest services at all times.
- Work independently and follow verbal and written directions, policies, and procedures.
- Has full working knowledge and understanding of all aspects of banquets.
- Has working knowledge of the wine menu, basic mixed drinks.
- The ability to promote and sell.
- Ability to use a service tray and lift up to 25 pounds (preferred).
- Alcohol Awareness Training preferred.
- ServSafe Training preferred.
Someone who can exchange and present thoughts, messages, or information, as by speech, signals, writing or behavior. Delivers clear, effective communication and takes responsibility for understanding others. Exhibits good listening skills and comprehends complex matters well.
Someone who is responsible and reliable in performing their job-related duties.
Someone who can foresee the significance and consequences of actual and hypothetical situations, and who can prepare for all possible outcomes and takes steps to ensure the best positive result.
Someone who focuses on discovering the needs of a guest and figures out how to best meet them.
Understanding all the necessary information on the goods and services sold and or offered by the organization. Specifically for the Tamarack, product knowledge would include knowledge of the following: food and beverage products, machine equipment related to your job, promotional offerings, and slot machine games and themes.
The Food Server typically works in a formal and quiet conditions; others in informal noisy surroundings. The banquet events may occur on-site or off-site and may be plated or banquet style event. The position will frequently interface with guests and team members on a daily basis. The position work schedule varies and may include Saturday, Sunday and Holidays, varied hours depending on the needs of the operation. The Banquet Food Server is encouraged to maintain a flexible schedule.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs/ladder; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
All employees of the Company are considered to be "at will." As such, any employee may terminate his employment at any time, with or without cause, as may the Company.
If you would like to apply for a position, please fill out our Online Application.