The Tamarack Junction Casino is the best locals’ casino in Reno, NV and we appreciate your interest in our property!
At Tamarack Junction, we have a strong reputation for giving back to our community and also our employees. Eligible team members enjoy a full benefits package, 401(k) plan, annual merit increases, bonuses and competitive pay rates. We also offer other benefits such as discounted bus passes, time and a half on select holidays, holiday parties / bbq’s, wellness programs and team member challenges. We encourage growth through skill building and opportunities for career development.
If you are dependable, a team player, and someone who takes initiative, apply online below or in-person at Tamarack Junction - Human Resources, 13101 S. Virginia Street, Reno, NV 89511
Questions? Please call us at 775-384-3665 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant F/B Manager
Under general direction of the Food and Banquets Manager, the F/B Assistant Manager directs and organizes the activities of the food department to maintain high standards of the operation in quality and service to maximize profits. The F/B Assistant Manager plans and directs the functions and planning to meet the daily needs of all front of the house food operations to include all restaurants and assists with banquets; as needed.
The F/B Assistant Manager, as with all members of the Tamarack Junction Casino Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner, which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance. The Food Manager shares in the Tamarack Junction Casino support of the company’s Vision, Mission, Values, and consistently performs all functions in a fashion that inspires and motivates others to actively pursue them.
- Assists in developing, reviewing and implementing organizational objectives.
- Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process (specifically Department Managers); Makes timely decisions.
- Estimates food costs and requisitions or purchases supplies.
- Confers with Executive Chef and kitchen staff to plan menus and related activities dining room.
- Inspects food and food preparation to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations.
- Prepares necessary data for the budget in area of responsibility; projects annual food and labor costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action where necessary to help ensure that financial goals are met.
- Investigates and resolves food quality and service complaints.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation and cleanliness are maintained throughout the food operations at all times.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations and responds promptly to customer needs.Solicits customer feedback to improve service and casino operations.
- Conducts routine inspections of all food operation areas of the property and identifies repair and maintenance needs.Coordinates maintenance requests with the Chief Engineer.
- Completes related paper work in an accurate and timely manner, utilizing computer software and general office procedures.
- Reviews, codes, and approves all vendor invoices and forwards to the Accounting office for processing.
- Works with the Chief Engineer and Chief of Security to conduct safety meetings and implement the OSHA policies that apply to Tamarack.
- Safeguards all food operations employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation, and accident prevention principles.
- Participates in staff selection/interview process. Recruits, hires, and trains all restaurant staff.
- Manages and provides support and direction to all restaurant supervisors and staff. Resolves personnel issues and supports team building with positive and open communication.
- Supports and motivates staff to participate in company sponsored classes and provided training, with the objective of completing individual goals and compliance with mandatory training.
- Supports industry networking and encourages direct reports to participate in industry association functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field, preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in management in a restaurant environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to give clear direction and respond to inquiries.
- Understanding of accounting principles and budget process with the ability to read and interpret numerical information.
- Understanding of marketing concepts; analyzing data; and report writing.
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times.
- Project management skills including planning, organizing, and coordinating tasks.
- Negotiate and resolve conflicts.
- Knowledge of first aid, safety and OSHA requirements as they apply to the Tamarack facility.
- Prior experience in managing a staff (supervise, train, coach, develop, motivate, interview, hire, terminate) and lead by example.
- Computer proficient with knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/Outlook).
- ServSafe certification preferred.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Gives appropriate recognition to others; Displays passion and optimism; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Teambuilding - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
The Assistant F/B Manager works on-site at the casino and interfaces with external/internal customers, employees, and vendors on a regular basis. The position work schedule varies and may include Saturday/Sunday, evening and on-call work depending on the needs of the operation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs/ladder; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
All employees of the Company are considered to be "at will." As such, any employee may terminate his employment at any time, with or without cause, as may the Company.
If you would like to apply for a position, please fill out our Online Application.